|Alexander McQueen Embellished Crepe Wrap gown for $3360 from Net-A-Porter.|
- Thank/link back to the person who awarded you. (Check.)
- List seven fun facts about yourself. (Already did one, I need six more…)
- Award ten fellow bloggers with the same award.
Okay, here goes:
2. In addition to pretending I’m famous and picking out gajillion dollar outfits for myself, I also fake shop at a million other sites. There are probably at least ten shopping websites, where I fill my cart with merchandise, and then never buy anything. I know it’s weird, but I feel a weird satisfaction when I do it.
3. I’m neurotic about being clean in certain aspects of my life. I cannot have a messy table when I eat–I clean all the crumbs and stack all the empty dishes on the edge of the table. Maybe this dates back to my many years as a waitress. I’m also sometimes not good to eat out with, because I can be really critical of service. I think most former servers (plus, I trained new servers) can be critical since we have high expectations. Sure, we understand, but we also can tell when you’re in the weeds and when you’re just being a horrible server. (I don’t even remember what this point was about. Let me read back real quick. ….okay. Clean areas.) I also get neurotic about kitchen counters and my living room, but weirdly my room can become a disaster zone very quickly. I spent like four hours this past weekend completely reorganizing my closets (I have three…no four) but guarantee in a week, they will be a mess again. I just change clothes way too much. I’m rambling again. ENDING POINT THREE.
4. I love a good deal in all areas of my life. Designer Look-a-like shoe of the month clubs for $39?!!? Sign me up, Justfab and Shoedazzle! Forever 21! H&M! If I can get something that’s pretty for cheap, then I’m all over it. BUT, I willnot/cannot do cheap handbags. Even if they look expensive or trendy or whatever, I just end up never carrying them. I’ve tried countless times to get something cute that’s not a real brand, and it sits in my closet with the tags on. I’ve found that I’d rather invest a few hundred dollars in something amazing that I will carry every day. My current favorite handbag line is Badgley Mischka–they have some gorgeous bags that are almost undiscovered it feels like. I get dozens of compliments on them, but no one else carries them around. Plus, with a range from $300-$400, you’re not entirely breaking the bank.
5. I feel like Tierney is to Nordstrom what Holly GoLightly was to Tiffany’s. I go to Nordstrom all the time–even if I don’t want to buy anything. I just like to sit and listen to the man play the piano, or touch all the cashmere, or try on sunglasses. It’s such a pretty, soothing place. I remember once being so sad about something, and I was driving around aimlessly, and I ended up at Nordstrom where I sat on a sofa and tried not to cry until a nice saleslady picked out a bunch of dresses for me to try on.
6. I love experimenting with make up and patterns and colors and shoes, but my hair is the same every single day. I do the little twist back with the small bump and bobby pins every day. My hair is weird–it doesn’t hold a curl to save its life, and it doesn’t like to be styled (I hate product). I really should spend more time on it, but frankly, I don’t. Even when we dye it fun colors, it goes back to normal in a matter of weeks. Emily cut me some super cute bangs a month or two back, and I got annoyed with them by Day Three and twisted them back with bobby pins. I’m so boring.
7. I get bored easily. Like this list. I’m over it. xoxo
Okay, time to award some lovely ladies that I…love.
Blouse. (Jane and Jen are SO sweet, and they have the coolest vintage clothes/photoshoots ever. Basically, each time they post, I wish I was their friend.)
Orange Suitcase Vintage. (I love Cheryl. She has such a neat sense of style, and whenever I’m vintage Ebaying, I always end up spotting her and her giant sunglasses and being like COOL I KNOW HER! Hey Cheryl, send me some free dresses. Okay? Okay. xoxo)
The Classy Turtle (This girl is cool–she blogs about everything, and she has sort of this sassy sense of humor. I would be her friend.)
Machine Wash Warm (Besides having a super model name, Giselle has some super-model style. Every time she posts a new find, I’m all ;lakjfa;ldkfj I want that!)
Stripes and Sequins (Grace is like…that really cool friend whose opinions/advice you really value. Basically, we could go live in a world of nautical stripes with sparkles and be happy.)
Atlantic-Pacific (Bee has the most amazing sense of style. I would literally wear every outfit she posts. She has this knack for layering fantastic pieces that all end up meshing into a cohesive, gorgeous look.)
Little Black Sequin (Jane was my first Facebook fashion friend, and we constantly “like” whatever each other does. Our true love was cemented the other day when she told me she wore some Prada leopard print pumps and thought of me. See? That’s friendship in action. Haha.)
The Glossarie. (Not only is Lara practically my neighbor, but she does some of the best beauty reviews/roundups around. I’m still waiting for her to realize we need to hang out. Like, stat. 🙂
Selective Potential (I like Tieka because she’s found a lot of success as a fashion blogger, but she’s still really down to earth. Sometimes, you feel like your comment/email gets lost in a crowd when it comes to this big time bloggers, but she really makes a point to connect with her readers, and I think that says a lot about her as a person. Plus, she and her husband are pretty adorable.)
The Red Spoon (Now, this isn’t a fashion blog, but my friend Megan makes food so beautiful that it should be art. She inspires me to be more domestic, and I love when she feeds me her creations. You know someone loves you when they bring you peanut-butter chocolate rice crispies. That’s love.)
Obviously, there are a dozen more people I could give this to, but these girls really stand out in my mind and in my google reader. (Because, when you have 50+ blogs you subscribe to, being able to stand out is a great thing.)