Good afternoon, doll kittens,
I’ve been working on a to-do/wish list for my house. I thought you might enjoy taking a peek!
Current Dining Room:
|I love this table/banquette–it’s bar height, so my long legs can swing while I eat!|
1. Paint the walls a semi-gloss black.
2. Create boxes out of chair rail or using white paint. White molding near the ceiling.
3. Find vintage-y corner unit and paint accent color.
Current living room:
|Whitest walls of my life. It looks so bachelor pad.|
|Well look at that. I took this picture while we were watching Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Pretty amazing timing!|
1. Red walls.
2. Light tan curtains (to match couch). Tier’s note: I already have a light tan couch with a dark brown leather base and trim. And, obviously, I have faux fur leopard pillows and throws.
3. Buy round chair to go near sliding glass door.
4. Hang leopard frame over couch.
5. Fit book shelves next to couch.
|Tier’s note: While I am a voracious reader, I don’t have THAT many books. Yet. But one day, I will have rainbow bookshelves.|
|Ahhh my counters are a little cluttered, but you get the general idea.
1. Paint wall with cabinets same red as the living room.
2. Keep lonely wall white, but add picture frames:
1. Leave bottom 2/3 white, but paint top 1/3 Tiffany blue.
2. Hang white shelves and picture frames.
3. White towels
|I turned Target wine-racks into shoe cubbies! SO SMART.|
|Why yes, I do have closets that span the entire wall. (And yes, it is crammed to capacity.)|
1. Paint walls gray.
2. Hang gray curtains along entire wall with sliding glass door and window.
3. Make/buy quilted headboard.
4. Queen size bed? New mattress?
5. New bedside table.
1. Turn into dressing room.
|Tier’s note: While I love the look of built-in closets and cabinets, I needed to do something a little less permanent. By using racks, I can easily convert this room back into a third bedroom if the need arises.|
2. Buy vanity like Hemnes dressing table from Ikea.
3. Organization Fixtures like picture: Shoe rack…clothing rack. Easy to break down/move if roommate comes.
4. Find round chair for middle of room! If chair does not exist, then big ottoman.
I know it seems like a lot, but I want to tackle this little by little. I’ve been in my gorgeous house for a little over a year, and I love it so much!